Dear Participants of Carriage!
Below, please find important information about the processing of your personal data.
1. Data Controller
The Controller of your personal data is the Polish company of Raben Group, which performs the transport service. The list of Raben Group companies performing transport is available here.
2. Contact point
In matters of protection of your personal data, you can contact the Data Protection Officer, whose contact details are available on the website: https://polska.raben-group.com/en/our-responsibility/information-security-system/
3. Purposes of processing, legal basis for processing and categories of data
In order to be able to perform the transport service, we need your personal data, particularly your name and surname, contact number, and in the case of consignees, also the place of delivery.
Due to the above, we will process your personal data in order to perform the contract of carriage under the provision of art. 38 point (1) and (2) and art. 50 of the Act of 15 November 1984 Transport Law or the provision of art. 6 and 7 of the Convention on the Contract for the International Carriage of Goods by Road (CMR). We also point out that if you are the recipient of the shipment, your personal data will be processed by us in your interest so that you can receive the ordered goods or shipment. In turn, personal data of employees of our subcontractors who will participate in the performance of the transport service will be processed due to legitimate interests, i.e. the correct performance of the transport service (art. 6 (1) points c, d, f of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council.
Your data, in a limited scope, will also be used by our IT system, myRaben, as part of the central base of consignees in connection with our legitimate interest, which is consolidation of transports addressed to one Recipient (Article 6 (1) point f of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council).
4. Period of data storage
Your personal data will be stored until expiry of the claims which may be related to your person or if the processing of personal data will be necessary for the purposeful assertion of claims or defence against claims of another party, which is the legitimate interest of the Data Controller.
5. Recipients of data
Your data may be accessed by our subcontractors, in particular carriers, as well as accounting, legal and IT companies, claim adjusters, contractors of claims adjusting services, auditors, advisers. Due to the use of your data in the myRaben system, they may be visible to our customers at the time of defining a potential recipient. At the same time, we guarantee that disclosure of your data to the intended recipients under no circumstances will result in them being processed contrary to the purpose indicated in point. 3.
Please be kindly informed that we received your personal data from our Client to provide additional services as well. If you don’t agree your personal data is processed by us, please contact your business partner, who is the data controller of your personal data, and ask for ceasing of processing them in that purpose. Please be aware, that in case of refusal your consent to process personal data or lack of any other legal prerequisites of processing, we will not be entitled to provide additional services, i.e. for instance you will not receive from us any notification about the status of the shipment.
6. Your rights:
We care about the security of your data, and we provide you with the opportunity to exercise the rights related to their processing. Please be advised that you have:
1) the right to access your data
2) the right to rectify (correct) your data;
3) the right to demand erasure of data, restrict their processing, provided there are reasonable expectations set out in the GDPR,
4) the right to object to the processing of your data due to your specific case - in situations where we process your data based on our legitimate interest, unless we demonstrate valid legally justified grounds for processing, overriding your interests, rights and freedoms or grounds for establishment, exercise or defence of claims; As part of exercising this right, you can, among others, object to the processing of your data in the central database of myRaben recipients, which will result in the exclusion of record visibility for the clients of the system;
5) the right to data portability., i.e. the right to receive your personal data from us, in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format. You can send these data to another data controller or request that we send your data to another controller, but we will do so only if such a transfer is technically possible;
6) the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
7. Source of data
We have collected your personal data from the orderer of the transport service, that is your contractor or your employer in order to properly perform the transport service.
8. Transferring personal data to a third country.
Your personal data may be transferred to a third country in the event of providing international transport services outside the EEA by the carrier seated outside the EEA. Transferring personal data to a third party based on article 49 par. 1 letter b or c of the GDPR, i.e. the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between the data subject and the controller or the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken at the data subject’s request or the transfer is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded in the interest of the data subject between the controller and another natural or legal person.