The service of intermodal transport allows for utilisation of advantages of various means of transport while using the same loading unit (container/trailer).
We offer the following intermodal solutions: rail – road and short sea freight for loads in containers (20’, 40’, 45’) and huckepack trailers.
Thanks to us you gain:
- comprehensive logistics service at all phases of execution
- opportunity to optimise the time and the cost of delivery depending on the used means of transport and the length of the route
- lower risk of damage to the goods by handling the original container unit
- opportunity to transport large cargo at one time
- reduced CO2 emissions
In Poland the service of intermodal transport is rendered by Raben Transport.
The company offers:
- rail connection serviced directly by Raben Transport between Gliwice and Gdynia/Gdańsk
- rail-road intermodal forwarding service to selected European countries: Spain, Italy, Germany, the Netherlands
- road-rail-sea intermodal forwarding service to selected European countries: Spain, Great Britain, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Russia
Rail transport is supplemented with the following services:
- road transport of containers (pick-ups and drop-offs)
- terminal services in Gliwice (handling, storage)
- customs clearance (on request)
- transit time between Gliwice and Gdynia/Gdańsk - 18 hours
- trains run 6 x per week
For more information, please visit www.rabentransport.pl